/draco, mal foy/
Draco Malfo is a pureblood wizard who attended Hogwarts, and was later a member of Dumbledore’s Army. Hannah Abbot is married to Neville Longbottom.
Draco Malfoy Biography & History
Draco Lucius Malfoy (1980) was a half-blood wizard and a member of the Malfoy family. In 1991 he started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was sorted into Slytherin House. Draco was in the same year as the famous Harry Potter.
In his fifth year, she became both a prefect and a member of the Inquisitorial Squad, a group of students hand-picked by the High Inquisitor Dolores Umbridge tasked with ensuring order amongst the students of Hogwarts.
Later in life, Draco married Astoria Greengrass and had one child, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy.
Draco Malfoy’s Magical Abilities & Skills
- Love: Although not a prominent ability for Draco, it should be noted that he was one of the few Death Eaters who was capable of genuine love. He deeply cared about both his parents to the point that he would protect and defend them when necessary. His ability to love was more prominent later on in life, giving him the strength to abandon his old prejudice against non-pure bloods after seeing how much damage and devastation it caused to his family. This was evident as he raised his son away from that prejudice to be a better person than him and maintained a more civil relationship with his old school rivals to the point that he trusted their instincts while they searched for Albus and Scorpius. He even claimed that he would have willingly ended the Malfoy bloodline with himself if it meant protecting his wife. Even though Draco disliked Professor Dumbledore at the time, he was also extremely reluctant to kill Dumbledore despite being ordered by Voldemort to do so in order to keep his family safe.
- Occlumency: In his sixth year, his Aunt Bellatrix taught him Occlumency to prepare him for his mission. As Draco had already shut down his compassion to become the bully he was, it was much easier for him to close his mind and disassociate from his emotions. He had enough skill in Occlumency that he was able to block out Severus Snape’s (a powerful Legilimens) attempts to read his mind.
- Potions: Draco was proficient in this area of magic. This could be because Snape favored Draco and might have given him extra help in his class. Draco was able to pass his O.W.L. examination in the subject with a mark of at least ‘Exceeds Expectations’ and most likely ‘Outstanding’, since he was apparently not lacking a book or ingredients in Professor Slughorn’s first class. When Professor Slughorn was teaching the subject, Draco seemed to have lost his edge. He was covered in “something like cat sick” during a mixed antidote composition and producing a “merely passable” Hiccoughing Solution. This of course could have been due to the immense stress and anxiety Draco was feeling throughout that year.
- Defense Against the Dark Arts: Draco advanced to the N.E.W.T.-level class, meaning he achieved either an ‘Exceeds Expectations’ or ‘Outstanding’ mark on his O.W.L. exam. He showed the ability to proficiently defend himself against dark magic.
Non-verbal magic: Draco mastered non-verbal spells before his sixth year, which included blocking jinxes non-verbally. This takes a lot of skill and concentration to do and only a few in his year have done it, given the high level of difficulty and precision required in the casting of spells this way.
- Flying: He was quite a fine Quidditch player and broomstick flyer. He started flying at a younger age showing his skills in his first year. He made the team as a seeker in his second year, which was a very difficult position to acquire. Although his entrance into the team is enhanced due to his father bribing the team with the new Nimbus 2001 broomsticks, he also had sufficient talent, although Harry still surpassed him in pure skill despite Draco’s alleged experience and superior broomstick in their first game against each other. When Draco refused to play during his sixth year, his team suffered greatly due to the fact that his replacement did a poorer job, suggesting that no Slytherin during his time was more skillful than him.
- Duelling: Draco had been a very competent duellist for quite a while before starting Hogwarts, a skill probably inherited from his parents. He was able to cast the Leg-Locker Curse in his first year, something Rubeus Hagrid said no first year would be able to do. The very next year, he could cast such a powerful Everte Statum that it threw his opponent across the room and even while subjected to a fit of laughter caused by the Tickling Charm, was able to hit Harry with the Dancing Feet Spell accurately, the round ending in a standstill as a result. He, later on, was able to once again match Harry in their one-move duel, casting a spell as quickly as Harry did and causing their spells to ricochet everywhere. By his sixth year, having been trained by Belatrix, Draco’s dueling skills had improved to fare well against Harry, who had by the time faced much more experienced Death Eaters, delivering multiple spells nonverbally with ease and astonishing speed, something that most sixth years weren’t able to do, and countering Harry’s attacks, but Harry was ultimately able to cast a curse quicker than him, exploiting the brief opening left by Draco when he was preparing to use Crucio to inflict what would have been mortal damage had he not been quickly treated. He was also beaten by Ginny Weasley in his fifth year and by Hermione Granger in his seventh. At the age of forty, from what he himself admitted to having been years of practice, Draco’s skills had greatly improved and despite his age he remained a very formidable duelist, capable of fighting Harry, who had been the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and Auror Office for several years by the time, to a draw, managing to land and dodge spells as much as his opponent managed to land on him, although Harry had not been fighting at full capability against Draco as he had no intentions to hurt or kill him but even Harry openly acknowledged his improved skills, and helping in overpowering Delphini.
- Transfiguration: Draco was shown to be talented in this field from a young age, as by his second year, he was already capable of conjure a snake, which an advanced form of transfiguration learned in the sixth year and above, a reasonably impressive feat even if said conjuration is rather simple. He would also successfully qualify for the N.E.W.T.-level Transfiguration, meaning he achieved either an ‘Exceeds Expectations’ or ‘Outstanding’ mark on his O.W.L. exam. By 2020, he easily used the Incarcerous Spell when dueling with Harry and was capable of aiding Hermione, Ron, and Ginny to successfully transfigure Harry into a doppelganger of Voldemort, displaying his high level of skill in the area, as Human Transfiguration on the level of complete impersonation is a very demanding feat.
- Charms: Draco was talented in charms, as by his sixth year, he was able to cast the very difficult and advanced Protean Charm, something that the only known student of the same age capable of was Hermione (albeit, he was known to have mastered it one year later than she could). He could cast the Dancing Feet Spell, which he successfully used against Harry Potter at the Duelling Club in 1992. In 1997, he successfully disarmed Albus Dumbledore of the Elder Wand with the Disarming Charm. Draco was capable of casting a successful Shield Charm to block Harry Potter’s spells in a duel. By his seventh year, he was able to cast the Disillusionment Charm on himself to the point where Harry, Ron and Hermione could not see him and remain undetected, a highly advanced piece of magic. He was also capable of casting a charm that animates a paper bird to make it fly like a real bird. By 2020, Draco displayed remarkable improvement in his skills in charm-work, making effective use of it in combat in his duel with Harry, notably able to rival Harry’s Disarming Charm, easily pushing a chair to block one of Harry’s spells and later on stopping a chair flung at a high speed by Harry, along with being even able to use Mobilicorpus easily on Harry, making him bounce up and down on the table. Later on, he effortlessly used the Levitation Charm to levitate Delphini out of the air and out of sight and proceeded to swiftly silence her with the Silencing Charm.
- Dark Arts: Draco demonstrated a proficiency for dark magic from a young age, as he was quickly capable of casting numerous dark charms to humiliate others during his Hogwarts years, such as the Leg-Locker Curse, Tongue-Tying Curse, Knockback Jinx, the hex Densaugeo, Melofors Jinx, Trip Jinx, Full Body-Bind Curse as well as an unspecified dark charm. In this sixth year, Draco learned how to successfully cast at least two of the Unforgivable Curses, the Cruciatus Curse and the Imperius Curse, following his transformation into a Death Eaters, allowing him to become a fully-fledged Dark Wizard. Both of these are extremely difficult and powerful dark curses that not even many adult wizards can perform; his incredibly skilful Aunt Bellatrix might have taught him those while she was teaching him Occlumency and non-verbal spells. His Imperius Curse was strong enough to hold down Madam Rosmerta for almost an entire year, while he used the Cruciatus Curse to punish Thorfinn Rowle. It is possible he has the capability (but not the willingness) to perform the Killing Curse as well. Whilst duelling Harry Potter in 2020, he was able to swiftly and successfully perform a number of dark charms against him with ease, such as the Levicorpus jinx along with Densaugeo and the Knockback Jinx, showing his skills in dark magic were still adept long after abandoning the Death Eaters. He even offered to be the one to disguise himself as Voldemort when he and the others went back in time to stop Delphini due to his knowledge and abilities in dark magic, suggesting he was assured he could engage in dark magic activities well enough to convince Delphini of his identity.
- Magical Repair: Draco managed to repair the Vanishing Cabinet in his sixth year with some assistance from Borgin, though it did take him the majority of the year. The cabinet was smashed by Peeves in his second year and Draco repaired it despite the fact that the magical link between the two cabinets might have been damaged.
- Alchemy: After graduating from Hogwarts, Draco began studying Alchemy as a hobby.