Has anyone tried this before
How to Make Molly Weasley’s Butterbeer
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 (12 oz) bottle cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and butter. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240°F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in salt, vinegar, and 1/4 of the heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve: divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.
It looked really good
Not yet, but I want to.
I’ve tried it’s messy
Is it fun
It’s good but very messy
Wow! Mom’s famous!
I’ve made butterbeer using a similar recipe. This one seems less messy. The other one required mixing marshmallow fluff with sugar for the frothy topping.