/lu,na love good/
Luna Lovegood is a witch who attended Hogwarts, and was later a member of Dumbledore’s Army. Luna Lovegood is married to Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Newt Scamander.
Luna Lovegood Biography & History
Luna Scamander (née Lovegood) (1981) was a witch and a member of the Lovegood family. In 1992 she started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was sorted into Ravenclaw House.
In her fifth year, she became a member of Dumbledore’s Army, an organization taught and led by Harry Potter.
Later in life, Luna married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Newt Scamander.
Luna Lovegood’s Magical Abilities & Skills
- Defense Against the Dark Arts: As a committed member of Dumbledore’s Army, Luna learned how to cast numerous defensive and offensive spells under the instruction of Harry Potter. Luna demonstrated her excellent defensive abilities by fighting in both the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, Battle of the Astronomy Tower and the Battle of Hogwarts against numerous Death Eaters, and surviving all of them.
- Duelling: Despite her young age, Luna was a very competent duellist. At the age of fifteen, she participated in and survived the Battle of the Department of Mysteries with no more than a few minor injuries. She also emerged from the Battle of the Astronomy Tower with no major injuries. During the Battle of Hogwarts she, Hermione, and Ginny duelled against the notorious Bellatrix Lestrange and emerged as one of the survivors.
- Charms: In her fourth year, Luna learned how to conjure a corporeal Patronus in the form of a hare, which is an incredibly advanced, powerful and protective charm, as well as a mark of superior magical ability and talent, showing her proficiency for charm-work. She could also cast simple charms such as the Locking Spell, Reductor Curse, Stunning Spell, Levitation Charm, Revelio Charm, General Counter-Spell and Wand-Lighting Charm successfully without difficulty.
Nonverbal magic: In 1998, Luna wordlessly stunned the Death Eater Alecto Carrow with the Stunning Spell, while inside Ravenclaw Tower. The fact that she could effectively cast it nonverbally is a testament of sorts to her skill, since non-verbal magic is highly difficult, N.E.W.T.-level magic.
- Care of Magical Creatures: She may have studied this subject at Hogwarts. As an adult Luna became a famous Magizoologist, a wizarding naturalist. She discovered and classified many species that had never been encountered before. She was also shown to be very skilled at handling various magical creatures, such as Thestrals, showing her proficiency in Magizoology.
Study of Ancient Runes: In the July/August edition of The Quibbler in 1995, Luna was able to read that issue’s segment written in Ancient runes upside down, heavily implying she was able to understand and translate such runes. This also implies that she may have studied the subject at Hogwarts.
- Creativity: Luna was a very creative and artistic witch. She invented a lion-shaped hat that, with a tap of a wand, made a realistic roar, and she made a flapping eagle hat of the same kind. She also painted on her bedroom’s ceiling the portraits of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, and Neville Longbottom, woving them with a “chain” consisting of a single word, “friends”, “repeated a thousand of times in golden ink”, and it is suggested that she painted birds, flowers and insects on the walls of the kitchen of her family house. All of this show her impressive skills as an artist.
Leadership skills: At the age of sixteen, Luna co-led Dumbledore’s Army along with her friends, Ginny and Neville. Their leadership was so efficient that she was abducted in an attempt to force the resistance to surrender, though she was ultimately rescued by Harry and Ron.