Hannah Abbot is a half-bood witch who attended Hogwarts, and was later a member of Dumbledore’s Army. Hannah Abbot is married to Neville Longbottom.
Hannah Abbot Biography & History
Hannah Longbottom (née Abbott) (1979/1980) was a half-blood witch and a member of the Abbott family. In 1991 she started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was sorted into Hufflepuff House. Hannah was in the same year as the famous Harry Potter.
In her fifth year, she became both a prefect and a member of Dumbledore’s Army, an organization taught and led by Harry Potter. In 1996, Hannah was pulled out of school after her mother was murdered by Death Eaters, but she returned the following year and was once again a member of the D.A. She fought in the Battle of Hogwarts on 2 May, 1998.
Later in life, Hannah married classmate Neville Longbottom and became landlady of the Leaky Cauldron, which the couple lived above. She eventually trained as a healer and applied for the job of Matron at Hogwarts.
Hannah was born in Great Britain or Ireland in 1979 or 1980. She was a member of the pure-blood wizarding Abbott family that was one of the so-called Sacred Twenty-Eight, though she herself was a half-blood, indicating she also had some Muggle heritage.
Hannah Abbot’s Magical Abilities & Skills
- Defence Against the Dark Arts: Hannah joined Dumbledore’s Army in her fifth year and learned how to cast various defensive and offensive spells, under the masterful teaching of Harry Potter. She took N.E.W.T.-level classes, meaning she was very proficient in this subject.
- Duelling: Hannah helped retaliate against Draco Malfoy and his friends when they tried to gang up on and attack Harry Potter, where she and her friends managed to hex them into having the appearances of slugs. She also impressively fought in and survived the Battle of Hogwarts, showing her to have been an excellent duellist with considerable proficiency in martial magic.
- Herbology: Hannah achieved a high mark on her O.W.L. exam, and in her sixth year she attended N.E.W.T. Herbology classes, showing her proficiency in the subject.
- Healing magic: In her adulthood, Hannah trained to become a Healer and applied for the position of the Hogwarts Matron, meaning she would have been very accomplished and learned in healing magic, including with healing spells, potions and other remedies.
- Charms: Hannah appeared to be highly proficient in charm-work, as she was able to conjure a non-corporeal Patronus, a mark of superior magical ability and talent, given the immense difficulty of casting such an advanced and powerful protective charm.